|The success of the Charlotte Area Know Your Farms Tour is owed in large measure to the volunteers who make it happen. There are many ways to volunteer…from handing out fliers at Farmers’ Markets to greeting people at the farms, we’ve got something for everyone! Even better…work a volunteer shift and receive a free pass to the tour, good for a vehicle full of people!Volunteer Requirements:
- 18 years of age (16 years with adult)
- Ability to drive to volunteer location
- Working and charged mobile phone
- Wants a free pass!
New! Pre-tour Volunteer Training
We know how fun and exciting volunteering for the farm tour can be when you know what to expect. Volunteers will get important training this year to help you learn what is actually needed from you on the tour. Attend one of our in-person training days or watch a training video online.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Promotions: Spend a pleasant morning or evening handing out tour materials at a local farmers’ market. Talk with folks about the tour and share your enthusiasm.
- Registration Host: Enjoy the countryside for an afternoon, greeting folks as they arrive at the farms, pointing out safety tips, and making suggestions for how best to spend their time at the farm. Assist the farmers as needed to ensure a safe and fun time for everyone.
- Administration: Roll up your sleeves and assemble kits for farms in advance of the tour, or deconstruct them afterwards to prepare for the next tour. Or, if you prefer computer work, help us log survey and attendance data after the tour.